PROS For Having a Seller Home Inspection:
1. You find out what condition your home is in.One of the biggest fears of most sellers is that when a buyer does get the home inspected, something will be discovered that kills the sale. This concern is undoubtedly justified. The home inspection is often the point where sales fall apart – leaving the seller to pick up the pieces. But as the seller, you don’t have to wait for the buyer’s inspection. You can have your own done, and get ahead of any issues before ever listing the property.
2. Pricing the home accurately is much easier. Having an inspection before your house goes on the market ensures that you have all the facts, which makes setting a price much easier
3. Minimize stress. By getting the inspection done, you can feel much more confident about the current condition of your home.
4. You can make repairs. With a pre-listing inspection, you set your own schedule for repairs and you can take care of them yourself. Which can save you money.
5. Less likelihood of negotiations. Both you and the buyer have been aware of any issues and all repairs from the beginning of your interaction. Negotiations still may occur, but they will probably be minimal.
6. Help improve the buyer’s confidence. Anytime you can hand a buyer an inspection report that details the present condition of a home; you’re probably going to make them feel more confident about the purchase.
If a buyer suspects that the house might have hidden problems, the offer he or she makes could reflect that. An inspection done before listing for sale can help eliminate much of the doubt about the home.
Knowing that a professional has already looked over the home carefully allows the buyer to make a confident offer.
7. Make your real estate agents job easier. Real Estate agents are used to selling homes without pre-listing inspections. Of course, most would prefer it if sellers did get a pre-listing home inspection. Knowing the actual state of the home allows the Realtor to do a better job for the client.
The agent can price the home more accurately, can negotiate more confidently, and can attract buyers more easily because buyers like homes that have been inspected before listing. Ultimately, making the Realtor’s job easier brings financial benefits to the seller.
The home inspection is the most prominent hurdle to clear in a real estate transaction. Once that is done most will breathe a sigh of relief.
Schedule your Seller Home Inspection Today!